A terminal emulator and Unix environment bringing powerful terminal access to your Android-powered devices.
Termux (Package Name: com.termux) is developed by Fredrik Fornwall and the latest version of Termux 0.94 was updated on Mar 25, 2020. Termux is in the category of Tools. You can check all apps from the developer of Termux and find 137 alternative apps to Termux on Android. Currently this app is for free. This app can be downloaded on Android 7.0+ from ApkMeTrics or Google Play. All APK / XAPK files on ApkMeTrics.com are original and 100% safe with fast download.
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Edit files with nano and vim.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git and subversion.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded - desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.
Want to read the wiki?
Want to ask questions, report bugs or give feedback?
Want to join the Termux IRC chat?
#termux on freenode
Termux 0.94 Update
- Fix problems with sharing large terminal transcripts (#1166).
- Export ANDROID_TZDATA_ROOT as that is needed to run am and dalvikvm on Android Q (#1163).
- Make is possible to add functions keys (F1-F12) as extra keys (#1161).